Tuesday, August 5, 2014

San Diego Zoo

I had the chance to sketch some animals at the San Diego Zoo. Since I am on a mission to create a Fafnir dragon I was interested in drawing crocodiles and the Komodo Dragon (if you're gonna draw a fantasy dragon, why not start with the real one?). However, there were some others that I took the opportunity to draw. 

Here there is a hippo at the top left and an otter at the bottom right. I don't remember what kind of bird that is, but it was fun to draw. The building in the bottom left was something I saw above the tree line while in the zoo. 


The Komodo Dragon. Part of the reason I have so many was that he wouldn't come out from hiding, so I would sketch what I could see and start a new one when I got a better view. I was really hoping he would be the easiest one to draw since lizards don't tend to move around a lot, but this guy was really active.

You may be able to tell but I had already started experimenting with creature designs on this page, thus the combo monitor head with crocodile snout.


A Chinese Crocodile. He was really good, he stood very still.


Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment