Sunday, August 10, 2014

Ancient Men

I've been fleshing out the history of my world, including armor from different periods.

This is the armor of the ancient men as they arrived to the world from their ships of many sails. I began with the armor on the left, but decided to stick to the armor on the right.


The finished version.


These are from when I first began looking at the armor after the ancient men landed, during the Troll War. I tried chainmail, but I thought it looked too... plain I guess. Additionally, I think chainmail might be a later invention. So I tried a more fantastic idea, articulated arms. They look alright, but I'm glad I experimented more...


...Because I tried scalemail next. I got rid of the under layer on the leg protection so you could see the scale hauberk better. I'll try a larger version later.



Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment